Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Years!

Our First Christmas together!

Happy New Years! Its so hard to believe Christmas has come and gone so quickly this year and that 2008 is upon us! What a year of change and excitement 2007 has been for me, a year of seeing God's faithfulness in so many ways. As the year comes to an end I can't help but be so grateful for all I have been so blessed with. Being away from my family this holiday season makes me realize how much I love and value each of them in ways I never have. Grateful, that I am married to my best friend and get to spend the rest of my life with the man I adore! Grateful that God has blessed me with more family in this cold north place that is called New York. =)

I usually pray at the beginning of year and ask God for a scripture or a section of scripture that can be my theme for the following year. The section that I am clinging to for this next year is Philippians 4:4-7 "Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be know to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with Thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. and the peacce of God, which surpasses all understanding, will gaurd your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" What a powerful passage of scripture! That is my prayer for 2008 for me and my family.

Ok back to some of the practical things going on here in NY, we are working long hours on the house we own to get it finished and rented by Feb 1st. We move this weekend into our apartment which I am so excited about! The apartment is very nice and I really am looking forward to setting up house there. We are going to do some minor repairs and paint this week on our apartment and then it will be ready for us to move in. I am looking daily online for couches and other furniture to help us get settled into our new place. God has been so faithful to provide for our every need and we both stand in awe of his goodness! I am in the process of applying for a job at Starbucks and we will see what happens with that.

Keep us in yor prayers during this new season of transition for us both, we feel as though we are facing some mountains but we encouraged that God is there to life us when we can no longer stand on our own. May your 2008 be blessed beyond measure!

Lots of love from the north!

6 comments:

  1. Oh sweet one, so good to hear an update! I'm praying your job comes through...how fun! And what perks! :-)

    I'm going to call you in the next couple of days. I love you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Hannah!

    It was a really great experience! Once labor actually started (took a little while) it went much faster than I think we expected. I'm glad because I was yawning between contracting around 10 pm! Lol :-)

    I hope to meet soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, it's Christina P! I sure do miss talking to you, shoot me an email so we can catch up!
    joeyandchrissy@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello! can you post some more honeymoon pics?!
    hahahh, i wanna see'em! :) love

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss our coffee dates!!! (and you, of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been tagged! Check out my blog for the rules if you want to play...

    ReplyDelete